George Washington Baker was born Feb 1859 in Ky, died 28 Oct 1924, Logan, Cache CO, UT, married about 1882, Margaret Adeline (Maggie) Routh, dau of Thomas Neptune Routh and his wife Bridget McClintick, born May 1861 in Maine and died 21 Feb 1949 in Salt Lake City, UT.
The family is listed on page 76 of the 1900 census of St. Johns County, residing at Neoga, with his occupation given as "Saw Filer." The family was of the Mormon faith and moved to Salt Lake City, Utah about 1906, with the exception of the daughter Charlotte and the two adopted sons (sons of Mrs Baker's deceased sister Jennie Routh Reimer).
According to the sketch in The First Families of Flagler, “they were the parents of eight children (the five listed below and three deceased) and two adopted sons”:
1. Charlotte B. Baker born Sept 1883 FL
2. Lilliam Geneive Baker born 12 Oct 1890, Green Cove Springs, FL, married 20 Nov 1912 Salt Lake City, UT to Ira Allen Langford, son of William Ezekiel Wimely Langford and Caroline Augusta Reed, born 12 Jun 1886 Salt Lake City, UT and died 21 Oct 1928 Salt Lake City, UT. Issue;
(1) Alto M Langford born about 1912, UT
(2) George W Langford born about 1916, UT
(3) Gordon H Langford born about 1917, UT
(4) Elaine M Langford born about 1918, UT
3. Daniel George Baker b Nov 1892 FL
4. James Gordon Baker b 25 Nov 1896 Lake Butler, Union CO, FL, died 01 Sept 1990 Salt Lake City, St Lake CO, UT, married 21 May 1919 Salt Lake City to Mildred Aleen Nebeker, dau of Kiha Kaawa Nebeker and Mary Martha Graham, born 10 Dec. 1898 and died 01 June 1985, Bountiful, Davis CO, UT
5. Hamilton Samuel Baker born 22 Mar 1898 Neoga, St Johns now Flagler CO, FL.
6. Albert Edward Reimer (son of Edward Reimer and Jennie Rout; adopted by George Washington Baker), born 08 Nov 1883 FL, d 14 Oct 1962, Jacksonville, Duval CO, FL , married 7 Dec 1906 to Frances Mary (Fannie) Dupont, dau of Cornelius DuPont, Jr and Lenora Carter, born 05 April 1892 Carterville, St Johns CO, FL, died 8 April 1960, St Augustine, St Johns CO, FL. Both buried Pellicer Creek Cemetery, St Johns CO, FL.. Issue;
(1) Lenora Reimer born 06 Jan 1908 Jacksonville, Duval CO, FL, died 30 Nov 1998, Fayetteville, Fayette CO, GA m 22 June 1933 Charles Roy Sykes, born 13 Nov 1903, died 09 Aug 1969, buried Memorial Gardens, Palatka. Issue;
A. Charles Roy Sykes Jr, born 17 Jan 1946, married 29 Jun 1968, Presbyterian Church, Conyers, GA, Mildred Elaine Harvill, dau of Tharpe B Harvill.
(2) Comealus Edward Reimer b 26 June 1910 St. Augustine, St Johns CO, FL, died 23 April 1970, Jacksonville, Duval CO, FL, buried Pellicer Creek Cemetery, St Johns CO, FL, married 01 Jan 1929 Alice M Snow, dau of Fred Snow & h/w Francis Schonden, born 29 Aug 1909, died 22 Sep 1977, St Johns CO, FL, buried Evergreen Cemetery, St Augustine, St Johns CO, FL. Issue;
A. Neil Reimer born 16 Jun 1939.
(3) Francis Reimer, born 11 Dec 1911 St. Augustine, St Johns CO, FL, died 12 Dec 1908, Jacksonville, Duval CO, FL, m 13 July 1934 to Bessie Myrtle Lancaster, dau of William Lancaster, born 01 May 1916. Issue;
A. Albert William Reimer born 09 Aug 1935, Miami, Dade CO, FL died 30 Jul 1985, St Johns CO, FL, buried Pellicer Creek Cemetery, St Johns CO, FL, married Doria A (LNU), born 17 Dec 1935.
B. Mary Frances Reimer born 17 Sep 1941.
7. Charles Reimer b Sep 1886 FL (son of Edward Reimer and Jennie Rout; adopted by George Washington Baker).
Source: The First Families of Flagler by Mary Ketus Deen Holland who listed sources, Census and Charles Roy Sykes, Jr.
Additional sources used by the compiler were the Family Data Collection-Individual Records (Mormon Church); Utah Cemetery Inventory; World War I Draft Registration Cards; 1917-1918, Social Security Death Index; and U.S. Public Records Index and Florida Death Index.
Please send questions, corrections or additions to Sisco Deen, P.O. Box 637, Flagler Beach, FL 32136 or email him at Sisco_Deen@hotmail.com